Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2016 Short Trip - Lengthy Memory

From Lt.toRt. Jenna, Diane, Me, Nicky
To wake up in Pennsylvania and go to sleep in Rhode Island is a fun privilege. I spent Saturday morning through the afternoon at Taste of Weavers handing out samples of Twin Valley Coffee. I then devoured gluten free portebella pizza in New Haven, CT in the evening at Kitchen Zinc. And past midnight finally slept in Riverside, Rhode Island. Car traveling is my style with engaging conversations, great music and fascinating podcasts. Pistachio nuts, sunflower seeds and coffee is all I need to keep wide eyes on the road.

The goofs - Geoff and Nicky
Traveling with Nicky Sue and Geoffrey is pleasure. I love talking, listening and especially laughing with them. Sunday morning we church on the Cliff Walk in Newport because to not go to the Atlantic Coast when in Rhode Island, well, is just criminal, confessional worthy. The coast calls and I beckon. The smell of the paper like white and pink rose bushes mixing with the salty sea spray is fragralicious.


Funny Man Tyler, The Graduate
Our reason for this under forty-eight hour short trip is Tyler, my nephew, he graduates. His party is on Sunday. Life is on the run taking him along for it was only yesterday, but I digress.

My parents are hospitable, staying with them is refreshing and always full of good conversation. Life is rich and I am blessed. I do taste and see that the Lord is good!



Grandfather and Granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment