Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1, 2017 No Lids

I open the Coffee Gazebo by 6 am leaving my bed at 5:30 am, give or take fifteen minutes. And when I take - I rush. This morning I discovered a problem, a big one. We had no lids for one of our most favorite drinks, the Iced Toddy. No lids. That's a problem.

We need to run into Reading to the Restaurant Store and purchase more lids. I volunteer. To stand behind the counter and tell customer after customer we have no lids, I couldn't and I wouldn't. I am often the one bearing bad news. Or at least I use to. "Sorry, we ran out of cold brew." No, I was not going to be the bearer of ill fate
.
So, I drive into Reading and sit in the parking lot for about forty-five minutes until the clock strikes eight. As soon as the doors open, I am in and out. I rush back to Morgantown and as one customer was leaving he rolled down his window and wondered if I would give him a lid.

The little joys amidst the trials. Truly this is a first world problem


No comments:

Post a Comment