Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 237 He Had To

Sept.1, 2015
Day 237


The Kingdom of Light and Love is beyond the most pristine place on the planet and it is also here and now. The interior beauty is mercy, grace and good favor. With a blink of a genie's eye and the killing of a God-man, I was whisked into this space of peace, acceptance and forgiveness. All because He wanted me. I did nothing, I only believed it to be true. But He walked dangerous for this to happen.

The price was too high for me. I would have never been able to pay it. Besides which I'm too inconsistent, too troublesome, too weak, far too needy, and often forget what really needs to be done.

He walked lonely and still does. Vulnerability was all He knew while paying the cost of my admittance to His Kingdom. He loved with death. He loved with Himself. Fences? Boundaries? What does He know of them? He does what He can to push them over, dismantle them, love them into non existence! You've hurt me too much, I say, stay back and don't cross the line. Vulnerability is suppose to hurt, He says. But He adds,"Lynne, I am with you."

I want to reject and shoo people away when they do not live up to His standards. Ok, yes, they are really my standards but it sounds better when I swap out "my" for "His." He tells me love triumphs over judgment. Oh, how can it be? He simply looks at me in love. I find it outrageous. He whispers into my ear even still, "Come dine with me." (search in Revelation you will find it)

He keeps me in His kingdom by constantly standing in my place. He watches me sit in my nice home, with a well fed stomach and listens to me complain. Why and how does He still answer my prayers? He tells me it is because His love is not based on my actions it is based on His action. His action was and is pure love. He did everything.

How does He listen to me boast and brag and yet still answer my prayers, even the ones I do not have the guts to pray? He continues to repeat himself day after day telling me the same thing as if dementia had taken up residence in my heart. His love is not based on my actions it is based on His action. His action was and is pure love. Oh how He loves me.

While I have the nerve to be ungrateful and complain while humans are found rotting in a truck, my acceptance in the Kingdom is firm. He urges me towards love that will not crumble with my swiftly changing moods or lack of understanding.

I have the audacity to harbor bitterness while He offers me unconditional love. I am forgiven a lifetime of debt as I wrap my vengeance seeking fingers around someone else's neck. How does He continue to stand in my place. Because forgiveness is forever and He offers me freedom to repent.

Refugees, cast from their home, stop wondering when they will return while I want more comfort. Only an extreme, patient, and loving God would keep me in His kingdom knowing my selfishness. He covers over my ugliness, my bitterness, my lack of gratitude and my extreme judgment. He calls me to a deeper love, a life of repentance and forgiveness.

He waits. He is not moving. And He never asks me to do what He has not done.

The same was done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment