Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 229: August 4, 2016 Two Thoughts Aligned - Love When This Happens

August 4, 2016
Day 229

Two Thoughts Aligned - Love When This Happens

Do I understand the power I have? Not at all. Do I understand the force within me for the good of the church and likewise the world? No! Do I sit on spiritual energy that is waiting to be used? YES! Do I understand where I stand spiritually. I forget all the time. This week two truths crashed and aligned, forcing me to put them together. The first, Jesus makes intercession for us. (Hebrews 7:25) The second, the church is the Body of Christ. (Ephesians 2:22) Align these two and you have the Church interceding for the Church. For we are the fullness of His Body. Therefore, intercession is aligning ourselves with what our dear Savior is already doing.

He always intercedes for those who come to God through Him, therefore, we stand and intercede for those who come to God through Him. And like always there is no pressure, the kind we see on the enemy's side, but rather a privilege laid out before us, a nail pierced hand outstretched inviting us to come and do likewise - pray.

We are the privileged ones able to represent the One and Only Jesus Christ. Is this for real? Am I missing something? I did not wait in line for a VIP pass. I did not have to answer a quadrillion questions to see if I would be an approved ambassador. I did not have to first get my sin issue ironed out before I was allowed the privilege of standing with my Jesus. Jesus, the perfect one stands in our place before the Father. We are privileged to pray, to intercede, due to an honest man's death for us.

The only power we have is Jesus Christ. The only answer we have for every prayer we pray is Jesus Christ. The only entity that fills all and is everywhere is Jesus Christ. The Church is Christ's Body. Coming together to pray is who we are. It is what we do. And it is what we will always do. So let's do it! Let's pray Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven and know where we are, the throne room of heaven. Let's do this knowing who we are, the Church. Let's do this knowing who makes it possible to ask the High King for anything, Jesus the High Priest. Go for it! 

1 comment:

  1. "but rather a privilege laid out before us, a nail pierced hand outstretched inviting us to come and do likewise - pray.,"

    ReplyDelete