Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 241: September 25, 2016 Moments From Weekend


September 25, 2016
Day 241  

Moments From Weekend

Living Life with Jesus Christ is a life worth living. Christianity is the most wholistic, reasonable, relational, life giving religion. This is because it is beyond religion and a straight up relationship. When the God of Life, who cares about our life, is allowed back into our life, life is full on adventure even through dark and troubling times.

On the weekends, we live life large in friendships. These three days are often times of relating and this is completely reflective of God's character and nature. Friday night was a send off bonfire (or not) for Dani Cupo who embarks on a new mission in life - YWAM. We sat on her back porch laughing and howling. The people who congregate in the Cupo home are just great people. Their house is full of welcome, warmth and darn good food! 

Saturday Morning was a conference on abuse for church leadership called Leading Through Abuse. It was excellent. Sam and Jill Waters of Still Waters and Pastor Bob Petersheim were the originators of this conference. From 9 am till 3 pm we heard statistics, personal accounts, sermons, ways to help and just plain good advice on domestic violence. The contacts I was able to make for what God has laid on my heart - GPS (God's Protective Spirit - the Body rising up to help those oppressed in our midst) were encouraging. I am anxious to follow up with them.

Paul Pinkerton, Pastor of Redemptive Faith Community Fellowship. His topic "Facing Up!!! To the facts! To the Fight! To the Faith!"

Kathryn texted me while I was still at Conestoga Church and asked if I wanted to walk. YES! when I arrive home I told her let's go to French Creek, my all time favorite state park in my back yard. She is not so much the walker - she is the runner. She is training for a half marathon and walking was on her schedule. I was so down to be with her I left after the conference way sooner than I normally would.

Hopewell Furnace (accessible through French Creek)

Random shot outside the Blacksmith shop. 

We had juicy burgers and sweet potatoes on the grill with family, including a good friend, Whitney, and my father in law. I love eating with family and friends. I love that Jesus loved to eat with his friends as well. He made breakfast for his disciples after He resurrected!

After watching Money Monster with George Clooney and Julia Roberts ( I loved it). Lynn, Geoff, Jesse, and I headed over to Billy Burgers to hear Chris play to a crowd. Ahhh....I love listening to him. Finally at midnight I laid my head to rest.

You can hardly see Chris. He is more to the left of the picture. Back of Geoff's head.
Sundays are first spent at Reading City Church. I just love the people there. In the afternoon Lynn's sister, Wanita, her family, and our family congregated at my father in law's home. We killed a few birds with one stone. We ate together, we celebrated Wanita and Dad's birthday. And we looked at slides to select the pictures that will be placed in the book my father in law is writing. He is an excellent photographer and it is always a pleasure to look at his slides!


In the evening Colby Beiler had asked if he could have a bonfire to celebrate his wife's birthday. That was plain fun to come home to. The men and women at RCC who are Colby and Cait's ages were there and this was a time of fellowship while eating and sittting around a bonfire. We had an encouraging and rich discussion and ended with prayer. Life is good.


I listened to a podcast from Bethel church in Redding, CA. If you have time you might want to sign up for the Bethel App and listen to this podcast of September 18 - Family of God. Bill Johnson speaks of the Body of Christ relating and the need for it to do so.

God is relational. This weekend was full of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment