Saturday, March 12, 2016

Day 72: March 12, 2016 Elva


March 12, 2016
Day 72 Elva

I hear the call. Like a whisper from a friend. Soft but definite. It is familiar but recently it asks me to leave my home. Should I follow? Do I trust him? Is he good? Of course he is, we have never been apart. We have run in the fields and roller skated through the barn together. He has always comforted me when I hurt myself or take verbal beatings from short fused men. He has always whispered to me. I know his goodness full well. There is no fear in him, love leaves no room for it. He is the one who now calls me to follow. North he whispers and north I will go. I am but a young woman with no husband. What have you for me in the north my friend? I do not know but I will follow. Lead the way.


She loved the color pink. She loved her siblings and spoke with them often. She loved her husband and children. She loved her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She loved to ride bike. She loved to read, write and pray. She loved her neighbors. She loved birds. She loved sweet things. She loved TV. She loved the life she'd been given. She loved well.

Note: Christopher Burkholder - Elva's dear grandson wrote this last night while his mother sat sleeping beside him. I love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment