Saturday, March 26, 2016

Day 86: March 26, 2016 You Don't Have This - Rest


March 26, 2016 You Don't Have This - Rest
Day 86

I have a lot to say to a lot of people. Should you be doing this? Can I help you with that? Why are you doing this? Why are you not doing that? Don't you think it would be helpful if you followed this way? If you simply do this then this will happen. Honestly, I think a book of strong suggestions, authored by moi, would be a best seller.

My mind swims with advice. I am frustrated, disturbed and sickened to the core by much. And in all of this muck He stops me. I hear Him say, "I AM WHO I AM."

He gently holds me until I stop fighting with righteous indignation. With all the work that needs done, He does something I will never understand. He leads me to clear waters and green grass. This is no time for a vacation, God of wonder?! Are you sure this is the right time and place?

This truth takes a long time to sink in, hence the stream, hence the green grass. I need time to digest this truth - "I AM WHO I AM. " And I am not.

"Hey, dear one, slow down," He speaks as He leads me to the stream to rest. "Renew your senseless expended energy. Sweet thing, eat." Is He tracking? This does not seem like the time to chill and grill. God?!!!

In my spirit He affirms - "I AM WHO I AM." You are not. Rest.

He helps me see my time of fellowship with Him as the most important time I can have. He renews my strength and leads me to essentials. "I AM WHO I AM." I am not. My eyes can close because His eyes do not. This is not my problem.

Savior gently leads me to the water,
to rich soul food by the stream
Rests my head upon 
His strong broad shoulder,
fills my heart replacing screams

Truth comes slowly
Truth come slowly
He allows the truth 
at our own pace.

Truth comes slowly
Truth comes slowly
Never changing 
always true and full
of grace.

There He shows me all of His great wonders
Mysteries beyond I cannot trace
Scars too rough to look away, not notice
As our palms are face to face

Truth comes slowly
Truth come slowly
He allows the truth 
at our own pace.

Truth comes slowly
Truth comes slowly
Never changing 
always true and full
of grace.



*Psalm 23

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I needed this reminder!!!!!!!!!! Truth does come slowly to sheep. I absolutely love "Stepping Out" ! Need a follow up spoken word for those who are stepping out and being stepped on. plot twist....

    ReplyDelete