Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Day 76: March 16, 2016 No Place Like Home


March 16, 2016
Day 76


Nothing is familiar, routine no longer. Faces look different. Home is now gone. The backpack holds possessions. My bible is too big. No guarantees. There is no food security. Everything is gone. I would love to take something for granted but I lost all. My clothing looks the same. My feet are swollen. The medicine is gone. I will never call my home, home. 

I am a refugee. I was comfortable, not now. Do you think of me on cold nights, warm nights, foggy and dreary nights? Do your places of worship pray for me, think of me or look for me? I am here. The only thing different between you and me, I am displaced.

I hear you have food, clothing and help. I am naked, hungry, and sick.I need your help. I need you to look for me.

*I attended a seminar on Trauma Healing at the American Bible Society in Philadelphia...                               

No comments:

Post a Comment