Friday, March 25, 2016

Day 85: March 25, 2016 Duplicity in the Garden



March 25, 2016 Duplicity in the Garden
Day 85


I hate traitors and I especially hate being one. My insides boil in disgust. One day you're this, the next day you are that. It is a life of torment.

Jesus knows traitors and understands duplicity as he experienced it in a serene garden. He and His disciples enjoyed debriefing, laughing, discussing, dreaming and declaring ancient truths in this lush place of color wheel foliage. But the garden, a place of comfort, changed on a dime. Peace morphed into a scene straight out of a betrayal. The hunted was tracked. The kiss, the words, meant something completely different.

But Jesus knew. To him this was no surprise. The Trinity had this plan before the beginning of time. Silently, he allowed it to look as if he were led as a lamb to the slaughter. Intense, sacrificial love.

He looked fully into the eyes of every man and took straight the guilt, the stain, and he died. He died to save. Jesus knows duplicity. He burst out of the grave so that we traitors might live as One. It's a mystery. And how's this oneness going for us?


Jesus, I love you.
A traitor I am.
Your love knows no limits.
My life is a sham

You offer me new
Your love covers all
You've rescued me,
held me 
I, too, now stand tall

Jesus, I love you
A traitor no more
Your trinity leads me,
To You I adore

No comments:

Post a Comment