Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 164: June 15, 2016 Stark Contrast




June 15, 2016         Stark Contrast
Day 164

Tonight I go to bed in a home. But there is someone who will go to bed on a cardboard box in a rat infested neighborhood.

Tonight I sit on a couch typing on my computer writing about anything I want to. But there is someone tonight who is writing a very painful letter they never thought they would ever have to write.

Tonight I go to bed with no fear that my husband will do harm against me or my children. But there is someone who fears the darkness and struggles to get their sleep for fear of "the known" that happens every night.

Tonight I go to bed when I want to. But there is someone who can only go to sleep when all that needs to be done is accomplished for their handicapped child.

Tonight I go to bed with no pain. But there is someone in excruciating pain and will only be able to manage two to three hours of sleep tonight.

Tonight I go to bed in a town that hears gunshots directed toward wildlife only during the day. But there is someone who will fear for their life knowing the shots are closer than they thought and hoping they do not get closer.

Tonight I go to bed praying to the God who hears. But there is someone who is wondering if there is a God with all the pain they have endured.

Tonight if I do not go to bed grateful, with all that I have to be grateful for, there is something seriously wrong with me.

Goodnight. I will sleep tight and dear Jesus will you please direct my prayers to the people in my life who have never slept tight in their entire life.

2 comments: