Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 122 Love Hard and Well

May 8, 2015
Day 122


Today is another day. For some this day will bring increasing sadness, there is nothing more they can do. For others the decision they have made continues to haunt them, there is something they can do but they are trapped. There is someone who woke up today deciding to end their existence. There is someone else who decided to give life another chance today. There is a family who needs a house today. There is a family who is purchasing, somewhere, a house for over a million dollars. There are so many stories.

Today is full of people all over the planet making millions of decisions. Today you and I will likely go out of our houses facing people with scenarios we will never be privy to. When we meet them in the aisles, on the road, or the sidewalk, let's be mindful of their backstories. Their grimace, their angst, maybe even their disgust is full of pain, pain that needs prayer. You and I, we can make a difference by our reaction to their pain.

Today, let's do this thing. Let's love and love hard. We can do this because He brought us to an existence of love.  Even skunk cabbage has a beauty of its own. (at least I think this is what it is)


4 comments:

  1. boom hits me right where it should....great piece. I think I see a theme...maybe book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dale. I see the theme... Jesus loves me this I know ...and the Book was written a long time ago. We must keep reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dale. I see the theme... Jesus loves me this I know ...and the Book was written a long time ago. We must keep reading it.

    ReplyDelete