Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 198 How Do You?

July 23,
2015
Day 198


Dear Jesus,

How do you keep from slapping my face when you know what I am going to say before I say it? 

How do you keep on loving me when my heart is so full of messy, ugly, muddy, non-loving thoughts?

How do you keep from pulling me out of a social situation, just before I make a move, when you know that after the move, it is going to be a tough situation from which to extricate me?

How do you keep yourself from throwing me under the bus when, covertly, I am about to do just that to one of your creations?

How do you keep from being disappointed when sometimes I lose focus about the clear message of the gospel and I sloppily share this distorted view with someone who needs to hear it clearly expressed?

How do you keep from throwing lightening bolts at me when I am stealing your thunder?

How do you keep from shoving index cards in front of my face with clear and specific instructions when you see my next major move?

How do you keep from audibly yelling STUPID when you see my stupid actions?

How do you keep from making food items fall off the isles in the grocery store when you want me to turn around and talk to that person I just pretended not to see?

How do you keep from pulling my hair when I act more like an insensitive wench rather than a grateful helpmate?

How do you keep from pushing me into someone's face when you know that I know that they need to know that you profoundly love them?

How do you keep from putting duct tape on my mouth when my prayers are so shallow?

How do you keep from yelling directly in my face while pushing me up against the wall when you have to reexplain over and over what your Spirit has been trying to tell me again and again?

How do you keep speaking to me when it seems like I hear nothing?

How do you keep giving me wisdom when I keep discarding the same piece of advice over and over?

How do you keep from giving me a whooping when I am being a dull witted mother?

How do you keep blessing me when I secretly don't want to see others blessed?

How do you keep giving me good gifts to when I am so stingy?

How do you keep supporting me when sometimes I seem so lazy?

How do you keep from speaking real slow and real loud when it looks like my stupidity has hit a record high?

How do you remain in my heart when I seem to be distant from you?

Why do you want to stay with me when I am so inhospitable?

Honestly, how do you do it?

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments: