Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 201 Choosing Love



July 26, 2015
Day 201


A single drop effects a wide radius on a single lake!


There have been some hard to things to handle of late. These hard things have given me ample opportunity to put into practice what I know to be of utmost importance - My response. And my response has a ripple effect. I do have the opportunity to effect for ill or good; my soul, my husband, my family, and my friends.

Am I mad? Am I bitter? Am I disgusted? These might be honest feelings and feelings are neither right nor wrong, they just are. However, my response to the situation should not be based off of these feelings but rather from a position of strength - solid ground. My faith is out of focus when my reactions are mad, bitter or disgusted. But when my eyes are on Jesus, my response to these challenging situations has the freedom to be based on the love of the Father and this makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, it is a challenge to keep my eyes focused on Jesus but when I do there is freedom and more opportunities for relationships to grow. Bridges are not burned. Jesus loved us deeply. We have miles to go in learning how to love like He loved. Though it would be easy to respond in a retaliatory mode, because He died for me, I chose love. This is true freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment