Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 197: July 21, 2016 Presumption or Gratitude

July 21, 2016
Day 197                            
Presumption or Gratitude

                                                




Faith can seem presumptuous. It can make me look irresponsible, unorganized, silly, foolish, weak and given over to irrational ways and means. Faith is believing in something I do not see. And I live in a world of people, including me, who love to see!

Status, intelligence, things that can be seen, we love. Let me show you how much I have, how much I have given to others. Let me show you my intelligence. Let me show you my things. Please, just let me show you. But Jesus calls me, a needy one, to a life of faith believing in things unseen. He has a call out to all the needy people, like me, to walk with Him by faith.

To those He calls, Jesus demonstrates how to live spiritually in a physical world. He walks on water defying physical restrictions. Peter walks with him. That is until he looks at the water, the physical, and he begins to sink.

Jesus - I too want to walk on water. I too want to do what I see the Father doing. I too want to live spiritually in the physical world. I too want faith that moves mountains. You died so that I can live this way. Is living this way too presumptuous? Or is it rather a way of saying thank you?

1 comment: