Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 180: July 3, 2016 Project Days Over

Project Days Over

Jesse's Baseball Team (we are all on the same team)

July 3, 2016
Day 180

My projects recently ended and with an interesting twist. Reality crashed into the room. My projects were the needy, the poor, and the lost and they required my immediate help and attention. At the beginning of every one I would strategize; what do they need, what went wrong, what can they do now. I would mull them over, I might even take notes. The roles were clearly defined; I, the giver and they, the receivers.

Like city projects, looking clean, neat and tidy, at the onset, they would begin to lose their appeal after a while; straggly, unkempt and chipped. And I would lose my steam. I simply did not have that much foresight, energy, or strategizing to do what it takes to finish the job. Truth dropped into my world like a lead balloon.

The elephant bulldozed through the door, stood in the room and it became perfectly clear. I am the project. I am the poor, the needy and the lost. Those who I thought were my projects, became my helpers, my teachers, better yet, my friends.

The lead manager asked me to mind myself. Please, drop the word project and replace it with friendship. He revealed to me that He never depended on my foresight, ability to connect the dots, or strategizing efforts. He depends on me to be available, that's all. He asks me to be relational, not a clinician. He encourages me to work on my listening skills. Over and over again he says to me,"It's not just your ears, Lynne. Use your heart."

The manager calls me to a logging industry of sorts. I am to remove logs out of my eyes to clearly see the well charted path of suffering in others. The clearing allows me to see and hear hearts. With every removal light pours through and love takes on a new look. The manager specializes in helping us to see our common humanity while speaking words of encouragement to each and every one of our souls. With Him, in a crowd, no one is alone. We are locked together in a great desire to see everyone confident in who they are. Magically my projects have disappeared and instead I see friends, sojourners, better yet, family.

No comments:

Post a Comment