Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 251: October 12, 2016 Bull in a China Shop



October 12, 2016
Day 251

Bull in a China Shop

My heart is heavy. So, I go to Jesus. I am overwhelmed. So, I lay my head on Jesus' lap. I am burdened for my sisters. So, I ask Jesus to listen.

I am saddened by how I use to listen, how I use to advise, how I use to think. I know Jesus forgives me, He is so kind that way. Still it makes me sad. I did not know. For so many of the women's stories could not be told. Many times I filled in the blanks before I let them. I created their story when their story was not ready to be shared.

A bull in a china shop is a fitting image for this woman, Lynne Burkholder.  But He prefers me as a sheep lying down in green pastures, led beside still waters.

For pity's sake, I was so blind. But I turn from this. I now walk in a different direction locking arms with different people who commit to seeing life from a point of love and not judgment.

Jesus stooped when a woman was brought out in an act of sin. He stooped. Who am I to stand and judge? Who am I? I desire to live, to act, and to love like the only man who was able to throw a stone and yet chose to stoop, love, and forgive!

2 comments:

  1. There is a point to coming to a realization rather than just being. It means much more. Now you can, and will, take your realization and move forward with it, helping many along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra,
      I am just now seeing this, your reply. So true, so true! I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation the other day! You are a treasure.

      Delete