Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 243: October 17, 2018 Breakfast Consisting of Soul Food



October 17, 2018  
Day 243              

Breakfast Consisting of Soul Food

Deals going down in dismal disarray, heartbreaks crushing souls, conspiracies making grown men weak. My world spinning in need of centering. Every morning I awake to this. Sometimes I can actually see, hear, and feel the discord. I flail in a tunnel of discontent. I am almost infected with it until I EAT MY BREAKFAST!

I must have nutrition. During election years I know Isaiah has hearty food. The ancient words race to my armchair filling my spirit with expectation of good in the midst of the very bad. A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. I am thankful. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him- the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD- and he will delight in the fear of the Lord. (Isaiah 11:1-3) 

The reality begins to appear. I remember I am privy to another Kingdom. There are only elects here for THE election is over. The LEADER of all is in charge of a dimension where all things matter. Few more bites of this nourishment and my blood vessels pulse with security, and victory. I begin to see who is flailing. It is not me but rather the world.

The ancient words turn my head, heart, mind, soul, and flesh to thirst. I am parched when I wake. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. (Ps. 42:2) He waits for me to ask Him to connect my need with my want. Where do I go for the drink. He whispers to me, go anywhere. Anywhere you are, Lynne, there I AM. Meet with me anywhere. My well overflows with clean, fresh, vibrant, living water that quenches thirst with every burst from the green hose.

My heart is reminded of the checklist, the order, the process, the protocol that was once needed to meet with the Living God. It was killed on a dreadful day when all was seemingly lost. The spirit world stood in horror. They were unaware of the Trinity's redemptive, restorative plan. The darkness had not understood it. (John 1:5) He has pitched a tent in my heart and forever there resides.

The door opened through Him of whom all things were made.  Without Him nothing was made that has been made.  (John 1:3) The dismal disarray, heartbreaking moments, the gut wrenching trauma is now continually washed in a sea of sweet comfort. Tears, aches, deep pains are collected and soothed with oil from a Father's Heart that loves deep and well and uninhibited.

My body courses with the nourishment from the ancient words. My mind wakes with energy as the spirit within works me back to Isaiah. He directs me to an understanding that the same Spirit resides within me; wisdom, understanding, counsel, power, knowledge and fear of the Lord. I am full. I am ready. I am strong in Spirit.

A day without nourishment is a day where my memory flails.

2 comments:

  1. "My heart is reminded of the checklist, the order, the process, the protocol that was once needed to meet with the Living God. It was killed on a dreadful day when all was seemingly lost. The spirit world stood in horror. They were unaware of the Trinity's redemptive, restorative plan. The darkness had not understood it. (John 1:5) He has pitched a tent in my heart and forever there resides."hmmmmm so good

    ReplyDelete