Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 34 Nicole Suzanne Lynne

February 8, 2015
Day 34


Yesterday, Nicole Suzanne Lynne was born fourteen years ago in the early morning hour of 4:30 am. Her delivery was the hardest out of all six children. My water broke, I went in, they sent me home, I went back in. Duh, I am having a baby, midwives, take me in!

My labor with her was spent reading Angela Hunt's trilogy on Joseph. Every contraction brought me to a chest of drawers perfect for back support. Lynn was able to get some work done on the computer while I labored and read. Great combo.  The room she was birthed was the same room Theo was birthed this past August. Oh, the circle of life.

Lynn and I tried to get some sleep. What a joke, at least for me. Lynn slept like a baby, twinsies with the almost newborn. I labored, silently with the sweet little girl.

As soon as the little 6 pounder was born I loved her instantly, head over heels. And I knew right there and then I had given birth to a mighty little warrior, a huge person in a small body.

Over the past fourteen years she has been pure delight. Her prayers move me, her kindness compels me, her foresight intrigues me, her reasoning delights me. She is easy and sometimes too easy. Her birthday today was spent not with us but with her beloved uncle and aunt O'Donohue. She did not complain that we did nothing for her today due to the fact that I was away.
That kills me.

Nicole is Nicole. She reads relentlessly. She babysits Theo, her new nephew, religiously. She spends time with her friends with sweet loyalty and she delights me persistently.  I LOVE NICOLE SUZANNE - my Nicky Shoester!


2 comments: