Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 37 Moses Reminded and God Relented

February 11, 2015
Day 37


Moses is told by the Lord that his Hebrew buddies are idly idoling. The dummies are making a calf idol. You want to know why? Cause Moses is taking too long. And instead of sitting around the campfire, kumbaya-like, having some testimony time of what they saw beyond the wall of water;
"Hey, bro, did you see that huge eel watching us?" "Yeah man, that was really cool!"
"Can you believe how close those Egyptian dudes came?" "Too close for comfort?"
"Did any Egyptians make it across?" "Nah, I don't think so?"....
...they are listless, bored, and lacking in gratitude. This just frustrates me! So soon???!!

I find it funny the vantage point I always view this from. Instead of immediately relating to these imbeciles I find myself sitting on a tall stool. How I can balance on the stool with my head shaking from side to side is beyond me. No identification with them, none, nada, zippo!

Because of this God wants Moses to leave Him alone to burn in his anger. Uh, this might be the perfect deified reverse psychology I have ever seen. But for right now,  He is going to destroy them, and He is going to make Moses into a great nation. Bam, there you go Mo', it can be all about You!

This guy, Moses, shows us true hostage negotiating for the rescued slaves, the ingrates.  Moses says, "C'mon, God?! What are the Egyptians going to think? That you are playing a dirty joke on the Hebrews? You want them to think your reasoning for deliverance was evil, a massive annihilation?"

Moses then reminded God of his promise - "I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever." What are you going to do about that big claim, huh, God?

Moses implored the Lord to relent. Just keep in mind, Moses was told by God what the people were doing but he didn't actually see them doing it. Moses was faith-ing it, certainly not sighting it. God, however, actually saw what they were doing. And instead of annihilating them, He did relent. No disaster for these slow, ungrateful learners! God's grace is so life saving. God loves with 20/20 vision of the extreme ugly and with perfect love-death on a cross.

Remember, He wanted Moses to leave Him alone to burn in His anger, yeah right! He loved Moses reminding Him of His Good word, His Good promise.  He loves us reminding Him of who He is and how He operates. And guess what? He relented, He did not bring disaster on the people.

This God! What love!

1 comment:

  1. I love when you blog after prayer time..I understand it so much more!!!

    ReplyDelete