Saturday, February 14, 2015

Day 40 Go Figure

February 14, 2015
Day 40


I know it happens to you as well. You lose something. You look for it everywhere. You cave. You purchase more of what you lost. For me it is usually "reading glasses". You come home. You find the lost pair. Just like that!

It's almost magical, like clock work, predictable and weird! Today it happened again. I sprang out of bed scaring Lynn! I was making breakfast for a friend who was coming at 8am. I knew what I wanted to make and it was going to take at least a half hour. I had not set the alarm, just the mental one before I hit the pillow last night. But all that to say I woke up in a rush and misplaced, "misplaced!," my reading glasses. I never lose anything.

I looked for them everywhere. I am on my last one (of a million). Nowhere. So, I do what I know I need to do. I went to Walmart. But the conversation in the brain was, "I really do not want to spend money on something I know will not be necessary when I come home and find the misplaced pair. I have no desire to go into Walmart when I should be home getting ready to head into Manhattan!" (woot, woot, woot!)

God took that as a cry. He's good like that. He knows how to turn my thoughts into prayers without me knowing it. That's mercy.

Fast forward to Walmart parking lot. I am about to head into the very store I frequent daily. I *sigh*. But I have to go in, it is the only way to recover the misplaced glasses at home. I look down at the passenger floor. Weird, why did I look there? Say what, say what?! The glasses are on the floor.

Wait? What?!!!! From where? When? How? Who? Unbelievable. Really??? And not only that these are, THE ONES! They are not the glasses I misplaced this morning. They are THE glasses, the ones I have loved, and misplaced a while ago! These are the reading glasses I will try to replicate when purchasing prescription glasses. Just laying on the floor. Unbelievable!  I was only looking for the cheapies.  SUPERNATURAL, really!



Had they been on the floor last night, both Lynn and I would have known. We would have picked up squashed, crushed glasses.



There's other stories like that. I will save that for another day! Or you can ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment