Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 109 Heaven is a Wonderful Place

April 24, 2015
Day 109


I like to think of heaven. When my children ask me if this or that is going to be there, or will it be like this or will it be like that or will we do this or that, or will my pet be there, my answer is always yes, sure, of course, yes! Heaven is a wonderful place. It is filled with glory and grace. I want to see my Savior's face. Oh, heaven is a wonderful, heaven is a glorious, heaven is a wonderful place! (sing it!)

When someone dies the reality of heaven hits as well as the possibility of its nonexistence. This is when I remind myself that my faith is based on the unseen, the infinite. The day of a funeral is when I think, oh boy, there is no word from the departed, I am not able to communicate, not even a little bit. The dark is dark. No sound. There is no visual and no audio. The person is dead. There is nothing. In hushed tones I murmur, "....hope my faith is based on reality."

Earth is spectacular and beyond amazing and I have only seen a fraction of this place. If my creator was willing to risk this magnificent ball of wonder on us sinners can you imagine what heaven will be like? U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E! Honestly, there are times I let my mind wander and imagine a place that is beyond awesome and spectacular and then I think, wow! Heaven is going to be a million times more beautiful and spectacular.  If I am encouraged to believe that this God is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"* I am allowed to imagine all things heaven.

I love thinking about all the visiting I am going to do in heaven let alone the beauty. I think of the inordinate amount of time I will visit everyone wonderful. Oh my land, this is where my heart misses a beat and I'm not even thinking of those whom I knew.  I'm heading straight for Sarah and Abraham. (oh, but what is the rush?)

 ~C'mon, honestly, what was it like when you laughed? Did you know these men were angels? Did you even consider that, Sarah? And really, how old were you?~ And Paul, oh, what was it like when you were blinded. What was your first thought? Paul is my hero. I love him so much. It is hard for me to hear people speak badly of him, what are they thinking? ~ And David, oh my land, tell me of God's grace and mercy to you as a murderer and an adulterer. I just imagine him knock down dead gorgeous and full of learned humility.~  To be with Ruth, what a woman, Ruth, can you explain the threshing floor experience. That's always freaked me out just a bit, little on the weird side for me. ~  John, the beloved, what was it like to see Jesus? While you were in jail, what made you wonder if Jesus was the Son of God? ~ And Mary, what was it like to be pregnant with God? What were the stories of your little boy that you wish were included in the canon?~ 

And then there is Jesus! The Lord gave me a dream years ago that provided me with such intense feelings that gave me a glimpse of what it is going to be like to be with Him. To this day my longing and yearning to be with my friend, my Savior, my lover of my soul, my counselor, my King is understood more fully on account of this  dream He gave me almost thirty years ago.

It goes like this:

I am out in my backyard in a small town hanging clothes on the line. This is a close knit neighborhood and my neighbors are telling me, He is here. I am undone. I keep hanging clothes hanging on to the thought that He is coming. My anticipation is growing. He is coming. I am so anxious to see my closest friend. The one I talk late into the night with. The one who shows up to absolutely everything. The one who has seen me through some very sad times.

And then all of a sudden He is with me. He walks into my backyard.  My closest friend is finally here. We can be. We can talk. I hug Him, cling on to him. My emotions are intense, every wonderful and immense feeling is at the forefront and I fall to his feet. I kiss his feet. I am awed and I am in wonder and I am worshiping Him. I love him so much.

"Lynne! It is so good to be here with you!"
" I know, Jesus, I feel the same."
" Jesus, Please come inside, there is so much I want to tell you."
"Lynne, I need to go."
"Wait! No, you just got here."
"Lynne, I am coming back."

To this day those feelings for Jesus are just as intense. I am so looking forward to being with Him in heaven. In a enigmatic sort of way, I imagine being with everyone and yet simply being with Him. How this will spiritually flesh out will be really fun to see. Heaven is something I throw all my weight into. I feel not one bit bad for any of my imaginary thoughts about what it will be like. And my hope escalates. This too is something I do not keep myself from, I am not setting myself up! I love to think about heaven! Love it.

(Jesse thinks this looks like heaven.
This picture was taken last week during a heat lightening storm)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful thoughts...and I love your questions for the departed, your curiosity is a wonder to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your posts. Thank you for being the resident commenter. :)

      Delete