Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 95 Streaming Dreaming

April 10, 2015
Day 95

The sky was filled with steel grey clouds that would make it hard for a sliver of ray to slice through and provide a hint of light. We were standing on an old wooden dock rocking to and fro with a twisted shack at the one end. It was an old marina looking more like a boat cemetery. And we were waiting. For what, I am not sure.

I decided to go to the other side of the dock and look out at the other boats. It was then I saw fins slicing through the waters off to the left navigating past the anchored boats. I motioned for the others to come and see. All of a sudden a seal popped out of nowhere and started skimming on the surface of the rocky water heading directly towards us.  We could see another one in the distance as well. In one moment we had gone from total boredom to complete entertainment. This was thrilling. And then it happened.

She jumped. She was gone. I was frozen. I could not move or shout. Did she not remember that we had just seen shark fins or had she only seen the seals? Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh! Still yet, why would she jump into murky water? I was shocked she would do such a stupid, foolish thing. We waited for unbearable moments for her to resurface. What if she doesn't come up?

The doubt turned now to terror. I could not see the bottom. She was not surfacing. My lifesaving skills were tumbling, jumbling in my anxious brain. I looked on the dock for something to reach into the murky water for her to grab hold of. There was no way I was  jumping into this muck.

I grabbed an old rotted oar and shoved it into the water. It hit bottom before I thought it would. Shallow? What? I was shoving the oar against a mass of mud and sticks. She had jumped in thinking it was deep. She must have jumped with enough force to push her through this bog-like mess and now she was gone. And trapped underneath a massive maze. But I can't jump in.

Why did she do this?  Did she not see the shark fins? Murky water on a good day gives me the creeps today it was horror. Minutes were crashing into one another making a pile of time. And she was still not surfacing. Thoughts of calling 911 were screaming in my mind but enough time had passed that a rescue would be futile.

Then I woke up.

1 comment: