Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 98 Fairies and Whatnots

April 13, 2015
Day 98


Walking in French Creek with my photographer husband is pleasurable. We amble. My days of power walking are challenged and to meander in the forest with my friend is storybook walking, in and out of the pages, as my imagination wanders.

We stumbled onto fairies. Disclaimer: This is my imagination, not my reality. I do not go to the forests to listen to fairies. I do not go to pay attention to their plea for respect. I simply imagine the little dainties. My faith and hope and trust is in someone who many witnessed, not imagined. Wander with me now to the fairy sites.


I imagine the tiny little sweet peas running in and through the clinging moss draped on most of the stepping stones. Their lightening speed is a blur to the naked eye. So, you look for the blur. As you can see I caught them dancing in a mosh pit. They never knew I was there.





Over the winter some of them were ambitious and used some bark from the nearby tree to haul onto this stone in the path. So clever of them to love planes as we do. It had to have been hard work but worth it for the those still in need of fresh wings.



I use to know the names of all their islands, some more massive than others, but I have forgotten over the years. Their homes are always well camouflaged. In all my years I not been able to look in one of their windows. I simply can not find their homes.

It saddened me to stumble upon a fairy cemetery. Never in a thousand years did I ever imagine I would be privileged to see such a resting ground. My sadness did not last long, what a thrill.



Lynn and I were enchanted at French Creek. Our ambling was perfect for fairy sitings....

1 comment: