Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 91 Easter Sunday Service

April 6, 2015
Day 91

Easter Sunday was spent in the nursery.  We heard that the service was good. But we were in the nursery. My daughters dragged me into this volunteer mode.

We had spent Good Friday in Philadelphia together and on our way back the texts were happening. They need help in the nursery for Easter Sunday. Kathryn, Robyn, and Nicole decide they will volunteer.  I on the other hand utter these non-life giving words, "Nobody has to volunteer!"  Luckily I was driving. Had they been, they would have veered off the highway in disgust and disbelief. Did she just say that?!!!

J - E - R - K! I have always been a good one. But the three women in my life quickly helped me out of the selfish corner and set me in the right direction of love.  There is no law against love. That phrase from the ancient text has always puzzled me. As a slow learning with special needs, I am still learning what it means.

My oldest daughter spoke true words. "I do not feel the need to be in any of the special services for holidays. I'm good." This is a woman who knows she has been given much and so much is expected. She speaks these words to a fifty-two year old woman who heard unbelievable sermons in her childhood from the speakers at Child Evangelism camps! I am full of meat! I can live out my days in the nursery for special services.

So, yesterday I was privileged to hold the little guy whose persistence is beyond remarkable, whose ability to stay focused on one emotion is entirely impressive. This guy knows how to fight and fight he did. There was no way he was going to fall asleep on my shoulder. This little man was rock solid in my arms, I  know, I held him for almost an hour. He felt this was the best position to express his emotions.

I need to be thankful I am surrounded by people who still love me in my J -E -R -K mode. Jesus does. I would have to agree with my daughter Robyn, I'm good, I do not need holiday services. My perspective sometimes slipped from my view as this baby boy's cries escalated but the overall picture was this: I was holding a future man of purpose, persistence and focused emotions! I envisioned being at his football championship games with the crowd oohing and aahhing due to his massiveness and freaky good focus on the field.


Jesus is Risen and I know this to be true as He works with me despite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment