Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 112 No Law Against Love

April 27, 2015
Day 112

There is no law against love. There is no law against love. There is no law against love. Maybe if I say it ten times fast I'll understand what the heck this phrase means. There is no law against love. I get close. There is no law against love. There is no law against love. I think I've got it. There is no law against love. There is no law against love. And then I don't. There is no law against love. There is no law against love. It just does not make sense. Why would it? This goes against my grain, rubs me the wrong way.

Today as I ponder my responses to situations that occur everyday and any day, the Spirit within me says, "Lynne, C'mon, all you need is love, ya ta ta da da." I think I might be coming up close to its meaning. It somehow alludes me because my flesh just doesn't get it. There is no law against love. There is no law against love.

And then the gestalt occurs, a change in direction, a 180 degree shift in my hearts' eyes. No one is going to stop me from loving. My soul is free to love. Even if someone shoots me, I am free to love. My soul has been freed from the grip of hate. There is no law against love. Love knows no chains even if physical chains bind. Love knows no limits even if limits are in place. All you need is love. Oh that is so true. Even if I am hurt by words, there is no law against love, I am free to love on and love hard. My soul has been saved by Love. No one on this earth can keep me from loving.

I will never get stopped by a cop for loving. "Uh, mam, you're loving too much. You really have to slow down." And even if I am stopped they can not stop my soul from loving. My Jesus has laid claim to my heart and His grip is tight and the reins are turned toward love.

If I am left out of a group, an event, I am free to include. I am free to love and not go tit for tat. If I am spoken about, I am free to speak kindly to the offender and know that no one is going to stop my heart from loving. The owner of my heart allows me to love despite what is hurled against me. The lover of my soul teaches me all things love. He leads me to stories upon stories of his reactions to situations He faced while walking planet earth. And He urges me, nudges me to love like He loves.  My heart is free to love. There is no law against love. No one can stop me. No one.

Jesus the olympians of all olympians, if He had so desired (too much Jew and not enough Greek for him to be an olympian) could have shot a stone at the sinner, the woman who did not obey His commandments, and it would have blasted this loose lady to shreds. He had no sin, He would have had perfect aim and perfect strength to kill her with one stone. He was the only one who could throw the stone. Ah, but there is no law against love. Wait, wait,.........it's coming. There is no law against love.... oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...  He let mercy triumph over judgment. There is no law against love.

The men in "the know" who dragged the adulterous woman out into the open, more than likely naked, exposed her. But Jesus drops to the ground, the one who gave the commandment long, long ago. This man who is the Judge what does He do? We must pay attention to this. We must emulate this posture. We must seek to understand what He is doing here! HE STOOPS! HE STOOPS! HE STOOPS! There is no law against love. He demonstrates for us love. He stoops. Do I have the humility to stoop when faced with someone's sin? And where do I get the guts, praytell, to not (Oh, I so want to use another word)???!!!!

For He came to save. Had He come to judge, I am convinced, the minute he would have entered earth's atmosphere we would have been obliterated, every single stinking one of us. But He left His judgment powers in His Father's hands and He came to save.

As he walked with His cross in agony He knew He was able to love us. There was no law against His love for us. There was no law that was going to keep Him from being murdered for us. When we shun, when we make sure someone knows they are in the wrong have we considered Jesus' posture?

There is no law against love. When someone tells you to stop loving remember there is no law against love. You must love and love hard and well. This means we take our orders from LOVE, from our TEACHER! Don't ask me what this means....ask Him!

Take the time to soak your soul with this song........

Unspoken- Call it Grace

1 comment:

  1. was thinking about that story myself yesterday. good stuff but now it's stuck in my head..."there is no law against law".

    ReplyDelete