Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 269 Body Life

October 3, 2015
Day 269






When we come together as a family in the Body of Christ, I need to constantly remind myself of what Christ did for me. This makes me want communion every time we meet. For communion is a visual, an act, reaffirming Jesus' completed work on the Cross. It reminds me that I am righteous only because of what "He did." It had nothing to do with me, it has nothing to with me and it will never have anything to do with me. EVER!!!! My ego, demands me to be reminded of this eternal fact, over and over and over again.

Therefore, it is imperative for me as a believer to be in the scripture, book after book, precept after precept, seeing the work of Jesus from the Old to the New Testament. This is not an option.  

It is not what I can do for Christ but what Christ has done for me. Understanding this is the fuel, the energy, the source of gratitude. And gratitude mobilizes the me to do the good works Christ created for me to do before the creation of the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment