Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 286 Dusting

October 19, 2015
Day 286


Dust covers spiritual truths. I have interfaced with scripture from the womb. I have listened to hundreds of pastors, teachers, speakers, radio show hosts, speaking from the same book and using the same jargon. These truths become liturgical, rung dry of meaning and covered in dust. Ho hum, yes, of course, Jesus died for my sins. And, yes, He rose again the third day. But, SO NOT HO HUM! My relentless, intense pursuit is to dust off the thick layer of indifference, and to remain thirsty.

The dust job for the past month has been for John chapter 14, 15, and 16. The Trinity explained and dissected in these three chapters is causing me to rub my forehead, scratch my head, and is straining the brain. There is something underneath this familiarity. There is a lure, a beckoning to spiritual curiosity. I am thirsty. So, I must dust off the familiarity.

My dusting, in the wee hours of the morning, is meditating on the truths found in chapters 14, 15 and 16. I am studying and analyzing His Word in these chapters. I am discussing these truths with others throughout the day. And I am pondering these truths while I am devotionally praying through the content. My comprehension remains dim, but my desire is peeked. I am thirsty therefore I dust. And I dust and remain thirstier.

I have all I need to mine through the rock, to find, to search and to know. I am content because I have found the treasure, the search is over and the dig is on.  I explore, seek, and dig for an understanding of the treasure. I rest in His truth as I become more sure of its foundation. The enemy will do all he can to keep the spiritual truths covered in dust and to keep me from digging. He loves indifference, boredom. Interestingly enough, however, boredom spells discontent, the opposite of rest. The ploy of the enemy is to keep me disinterested and bored.

The more I dust off these ancient truths the more desire I have  for more understanding of His treasure. I move forward. I remain thirsty for more. Jesus is the treasure trove and He makes me want more and more of Him. Do you want to dust with me?  I love company.





No comments:

Post a Comment