Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 295 Walking Slowly

October 29, 2015
Day 295

The day is busy, it is full of many things to do. I take one step at a time walking slowly and deliberately. This soothes my soul. Drying my hair is an event I look forward to, I take my time, there is no rush. My list is extensive and yet I am calmed by just simply, moving, slowly. Taking time to put that top on the jar, slowly, allows me a moment of repose. Moving carefully across the kitchen floor as if any faster, I might trip, allows for a time of reflection. Speed is everything. It either allows you to be or it shoves you into a frenzy pushing people and opportunities to the margins. I choose people and moments.

I have learned that getting things done in advance, even just a day, often ricochets on me and leaves me with a hurried mess. So, I do what today requires. I prepare food on Monday for my Philly venture on Monday. Tuesday, I prepare appetizers for the hosting of a Trunk Show for Tuesday night. It all works out and I am grateful that I am not in a hospital bed. The puzzle of my busy life fits together with ease. I enjoy everything on my list, every piece of the puzzle.

It is all about intentionality which allows for clear and definite focus and purpose. I have learned from many individuals over the course of my lifetime. They have helped me move through my day with ease and taught me to keep an eye on the look out for opportunities that matter.

Primrose and Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment