Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 273 Stepping Stones

October 7, 2015
Day 273


Every moment is a step on a sure stone. The stone might be sad, tragic, troubling, happy, joyful, full of adventures but it stays firm in the water. But moss does not cover it. It allows me to cross. It does not slip. I move forward.

The ambulance ride with a son to the Trauma Center, not the Emergency Room, the Trauma Center is a stone. I step on it and it carries me safely to the next stone and the next and the next and the next. The stones are placed in scary parts of the water but when I step on them, they do not move. They stay firm against the terra nova and I navigate to another one and another one and another one.

The second ambulance ride with another son is another stepping stone. The six joyful/painful car rides to the birthing center, the births, the telephone call of a tragic death, the call of a sad death, the call of a child caught in sin, these are all stepping stones. Everyone of these stones have carried me to the next moment. None of them were obstacles but rather moments moving me forward.

The river rages, but the stepping stones cross over, let's hold hands.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am not convinced I am conveying what i want to convey in this post. But I am glad something resonated within you.

      Delete