Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 270 She Misses Him

October 4, 2015
Day 270

I have a dear friend traveling life without her soulmate. July marked an entire year and her grief is still raw. When she shares, I do not take any of her morsels for granted. She is my mentor, so to speak. I hear, I feel, I see, I cry, and I learn of the ways of grief. Her vulnerability with me and others is the greatest gift she can give. This is not what she signed up for but, as Isaiah tasted and saw that the Lord is good, she is also willing to be vulnerable and used because of God's goodness. Thank you, D'lury for your tears, for your words, for your grief, for your vulnerability. I have learned and I have learned much.

She lives out the phrase - You can not trace His hand but you can trust His heart. I watch her do it every week.

Tomorrow marks what would have been thirty years of marriage between her and Richard. This is a lot of years. Many, by way of divorce, choose not to celebrate these milestones. She chooses, but is not able. Life -  makes -  no  - sense.

Dear Jesus, tomorrow is a day she wishes would never come. Her thirtieth anniversary is to be spent with her lover. Yes, she knows Richard still lives. Yes, she knows you work all things out for the good of those who love the You, Lord. Yes, she knows you know what is best. But, Jesus, that does not change the fact that she misses and craves for her man. Please, tomorrow, bless her beyond, beyond.

You live inside this woman. You know her every thoughts, her every ways. You love her with an intensity, a fierce love. Tomorrow she needs to feel that. I have been blessed by the way she speaks of you even though she is confused by you. She worships the ground you move on. She will hear you when you speak words of love.


Please, dear Jesus, in her spirit fortify, comfort, 
and assuage her soul with your love. D'lury, you are precious.




No comments:

Post a Comment