Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 299 Perspective

Nov. 2, 2015
Day 299

Perspective is king. The next couple of weeks are loaded. L.O.A.D.E.D! The list is long and full-bodied tasks fill it, not piddly things, full-bodied. I refuse to cast a negative fog over the list, hemming and hawing and describing with a bothered and tired tone all that needs to be done. I have learned over the years that God does a great job of prioritizing, renegotiating, and energizing - IF I LET HIM. Besides which, I am not in a hospital bed looking out the window wishing I had something to do. I have tasks that represent people and lots of people and copious
amounts of life giving love.

Last night, our backyard held almost ninety individuals. The tables were covered with burlap, flowers, string of Christmas lights, pumpkins and, most importantly, adorned with wonderful people from all different walks of life. Last night they converged, connected and did what we do best - ate well. The work was worth every single second. The clean up will equally be worth while. Life gives life.

Today, I must prioritize all that is needed for the BEST Robotic competition we attend, in a few weeks, in Fargo, North Dakota! This might be a point of challenge and yet I serve a God who helps in prioritizing things such as these. Where does He find the time? He, the time originator, always has time and always offers assistance - life breathing, life honoring assistance. I just simply have to ask Him, he barges through doors. But He does knock.

I have watched him time and time again move, shove, and rearrange things for me not to lose sleep, or mind, or strength. The tasks from here until Thanksgiving, until leaving for Fargo, until Christmas (and NO I'M NOT AN EARLY SHOPPER - NEVER IN THE MOOD FOR THAT!), until my sweet precious granddaughter is born, the time is in His hands. What will get done will get done. What doesn't, doesn't.

So, I take a deep breath, soak in His goodness, continue to study John Chapters 14, 15, 16, and 17 learning about the trinity and seeing Lawn Dinners, Robotic competitions, the tasks of life in the midst of the triune, the Holy Triangle. And, I experience the power of the Holy Spirit living in me. I will eat, live, breath and continue to give glory to Him whom is the originator of all good things.


If you find me complaining, please remind me of my own words, force me to eat them on the spot! Gratitude sets the stage for a life full and overflowing while complaining clears it. I choose a grateful heart!

2 comments: