Friday, November 20, 2015

Day 318 My Buddy

November 20, 2015
Day 318

My buddy, she is recovering. Today she had an operation, she thought it was going to be one thing but in fact it was another thing on top of the one thing. I have watched her navigate this health issue with grace, copious amounts of faith and authenticity. God gives you what you need when you need it.

But I cry out and I say, God! In your name and with your amazing healing finesse HEAL MY SISTER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER! Her sons, her husband, her India, her new grandson, me, her prayer warriors, her rug hookers, her Wider Students, her community NEED HER! I mean we need her. I speak for the nation in which she lives.

Memories swirl; learning group meetings at Paula Haller's with muffins, silly and copious amounts of laughter, her mother and the Delaware beaches, unexpected infants, same bathing suits, switched identities, homeschooling adventures, plays and the love of life.

So much the same between us and so much different. I am the extrovert, she is the introvert. She kayaks for exercise, I kayak. But we love to laugh, we love to harmonize, and did I mention we love to laugh.

Life is full, life is tentative, life is rewarding, life is challenging and life is more than we expected.

Terri, get well. My prayers are with you, they are for you, they are directed to my loving Father who loves the stinking snot, or lung out of my sister from another mother, Terri Leahmer.

Come thou fount of every blessing!


1 comment:

  1. There are women whom I can picture as the most amazing old ladies. Terri is one of them. (Is that weird? Maybe.) I will pray. Now.

    ReplyDelete