Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 315 Stay Put in the Moment

November 19, 2015
Day 315

The day is filled with opportunities to go beyond. We can set sail and leave what is filling the space or we can stay in the present, revel in the moment and BE. Sometimes it is people, sometimes it is a task, sometimes it is a study, sometimes it is a prayer. And it is our choice. Some know we are moving on, others have no idea.

Me: I would love to talk but I'm heading out, the wind is picking up I need to unfurl my sails.
Moment: He paid a price for you to BE. You'll be fine. Relax. Stay in the moment.
Me: I would love to, there's just a lot going down.
Moment: I am to be lived in. I am to be savored.

Letting go and resting in the space allows me to enjoy a heart felt moment with a dear woman I have loved since she was a teenager, Kendra Musser. I stay. She is priceless, I savor her. She is leading a group of highschoolers in the study of the Word to the Deep. My daughter benefits and the circle of life continues. The moment is brief but a gift nonetheless.

Arlene Metricarti is lovely. I savor her servanthood, her willingness to give to a community of homeschooling mothers coffee, tea and lovely treats. She serves. Her daughter, Hannah and I, ponder how one could get rid of a husband in an hour. We did this lightly but it is fueled by a dear woman entering the door with an odd response. I squeeze this woman tight and she answers my common question, "How are you?" with an uncommon answer. "I want to know how to get rid of my husband within the hour."

The moment calls for understanding, not judgment. There is no hush in her sound for when you are pushed to the limit, you care not who listens. The moment reveals pain, it reveals a pressing need.

Hannah and I speak of the need to marry carefully. The moment becomes a celebration of my marriage and an explanation of the need to proceed carefully.

The moment allows me to go to some classrooms with Lydia, the young eager leader, Jesse, my lovely son, and Mallory, the willing cheerleader to discuss our robotic competition. I listen to the three speak of their past few weeks focused on robots. My heart is full. I then am with Sam Petersheim, a young bright man, Nicole, my dear focused daughter, who join the original three, and I listen to them speak of the robotic competition to other students. The moment serves me a full plate of strings all tying together.

The library allows me to listen to my sweet, wonderful friend Linda who allows her time to be spent with little children. We always hug and do not want to let go. She leads, she guides, and the little people learn of all sorts of things. She is loving her elderly father well, I listen and take notes. I enjoy briefly catching up with my new love, Lois Petersheim, she is a deep well. To travel with her, to be with her, to laugh with her, is mirth and depth all put together in one moment. She is a treasure.

The moment at Subway with Reagan, the bright beautiful blonde, her sister Mallory the cheerleader who rolls with the punches, my Jesse, my Nicole, Sam, the new homeschooled young man and Brenna is wonderful. Brenna pulls tables together so that our team can begin our meeting - there are no words for me. To be with these young folks is enough to feed me for a lifetime. Though my new found food moment -  Subway's Chopped Tuna salad, helped to make the time even more enjoyable.

Bringing our meeting to the studio and taking photos of the team, watching them in their individual goofiness and celebrating them, discussing details for the fundraiser that Lydia and I are planning, watching them put up the marketing display, the moment is full to the brim. Then discussing the competition and other competitions with wonderful Lori Spahr, who inspires, encourages and is willing to be a part of moments is invigorating. I love discussions, even ones with opposing views. Not many do.

I love the moments Lynn and I share during the day, catching some here and some there. Some of my moments are spent in the Honey Brook elementary school where Jesse met his new basketball team. Every year it is different and every year offers him and us something new, something good, and something challenging. I reveal in what this year will offer.  I sit on a hard wooden bench speaking with Kathy and Lori. We laugh, we discuss matters of education, Kathy and I listen to Lori's new found interest of the stock market and it stirs up my latent desire to play. I leave the moment and travel to the next. I am inspired and I am encouraged.

The list of "To Dos" mount as my moments are spent with dear humans today. How am I to spend the rest of my evening? I move here and I move there and in good time I move to the bed. My moments are sweet and dear. The moment to blog did not come, the humans filled the moments.

During the early morning I write, there is quiet. I am offered new moments. Will I rest in them or will I push them aside only to look back in regrets? Over my half century, I have learned too much to be reckless. God is in the moment. Yesterday, the dear, sad woman who walks in the doors of the Learning group, who asks me to pray for her distraught daughter in a facility in Philly. She needs me to be in the moment to hear all she is saying and all she is not. She asks for prayer. No one hears her words, the sadness, the searching, the seeking for peace. They are for me. She trusts me with them and asks for me to pray and rally others.

Would you please pray for the young girl in Philly who wants emancipation from her parents? She seeks freedom in all the wrong places. Would you pray for her parents? Right now their moments are painful. They too live in the now. Jesus holds them there.

Will you live in your moments and BE? Or will you set sail and miss them?












No comments:

Post a Comment