Friday, November 27, 2015

Day 325 Reflective Response to Pete Steeger's Song: If I Had a Hammer


November 28, 2015
Day 325

If I had a hammer,
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening,
All over the land.

(never trust me with a hammer...and don't let me use the Bible as one)

I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land

(at certain times this could look really ugly, really bad, really messy...never trust me with a hammer...nothing would be left)

If I had a bell
I'd ring it in the morning,
I'd ring it in the evening,
All over this land

(To hear my clanging bell would make you yearn to walk past a Salvation army bucket.) 

I'd ring out danger
I'd ring out a warning
I'd ring out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land

(You would beg for Chinese water torture....trust me. you. don't. want. me. to. have. a. bell.)

If I had a song
I'd sing it in the morning
I'd sing it in the evening,
All over this land

(Those listening, in unison, would say - SHUT UP...and it might be duct tape you need...yeah, it's duct tape)

I'd sing out danger
I'd sing out a warning
I'd sing out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land

(Screamo bands would seem like a walk in a Sunday School park. When I'm ticked, don't mess.)

Well I got a hammer,
And I got a bell,
And I got a song, to sing all over this land.

(RUN! Don't stick around for this!)

It's the hammer of justice,
It's the bell of freedom,
It's the song about Love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land

(The tools are His. My prayer - that He directs me. That I only do what I see Him do. That I hammer where He wants me to hammer. That I ring the bell where He wants me to ring. And that I always sing a song of love. I am His vessel - not his weapon of destruction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment