Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 313 An Abundance of Life

November 16, 2015
Day 313


Today they are here. Tomorrow they are gone. Today there is noise, clutter and confusion. Tomorrow there is silence, no footsteps and order. Today there are interruptions, discussions and misinterpretations. Tomorrow there is fluidity, no talking, and clarity. These contrasts are always before me. I always choose the former options.

Give me clatter, chatter, and drama. Give me loud voices, laughter and yelling. Give me shoves, pushes and no room in the ridiculous kitchen. Give me chipped paint, the need for paint, I really want paint, rather than the non smudged walls and crisp and clean walls (darn!).  Give me unexpected guests and the need to rearrange my schedule than a schedule running like a train station.

Running my home like a tight ship was not even an option. I did not have the chops for such a thing. Pulling my musical family together as a band was asking for my children to rise up and call me...names. When I suggest something new like a new schedule they just laugh and hard. But I would rather them making fun of me in my face than behind my back.

I love when they mess up the kitchen, I might not communicate that real well, I might actually be lying. But I really love them! I would rather dirty dishes and popcorn, blankets strewn all over and maybe even trash misplaced. Because it all means life. Life. Life. Life. Life. I refuse to take any of this for granted, refuse! I am grateful.

1 comment: