Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Day 55: February 24, 2016 Water is Magic

February 24, 2016
Day 55 Water is Magic

The privilege is felt, understood and completely appreciated that my grandboy and grandgirl are only a hop, skip and jump down the narrow road right out my front door. This road is familiar, straight, and full of memories. One time, many moons ago, was the first time I traveled to see their Grampy on this well worn trail. I appreciated it then as I do now. Little did I know that one day my descendants would be snuggly off the road. It is simply wonderful.

Today, I determined it was bathday. My daughter concurred. I knew it, felt it and smelt it. In the soapy, warm, lovely and clean water went a sweet little girl with black hair and a charming little toddler with whispy tufts of curls. He was a sleepy one, unaware that his momma would bring him from his dreamy bed into a tub of warm sudsy water after he awoke. Oh, but he loved it, because water is magic.

Sweet Sadie smiled and little Theo jabbered. He has so much to say. Today it was all about fwogs and more fwogs. They plopped, they hid, they slid as water sloshed and tossed and cleaned. Sadie depended on our adjustments while Theo maneuvered with toddler agility. The bathtime was a success. Warm, clean and comforted. Water is magic on a cold, dreary, rainy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment