Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Day 125: May 4, 2016 Compilation of the Week

May 4, 2016
Day 125
Sunday has always been a time to remember, reflect, ponder, wonder and simply rest. This is a place where I do it well, at Scott's Run in French Creek. The week came into focus and when I left it was with a much needed compass for the direction of the week. Time at Scott's Run is always well spent and Sunday was no different.

These two are wonderful people, Nicole and Geoffrey. This picture was staged, but it is never hard to get them to hug one another.


On Saturday I traveled down Rt. 10 to my favorite place to purchase plants, Willow Brook Greenhouse. I have been going to this place for over 30 years. They grew geraniums for my wedding tables, thanks to Kathleen Stoltzfus.


Sunday night my friend, Mary Wilson called to discuss our plans for Longwood Garden on Monday. The forecast predicted lots of rain, what should we do. We planned on eating at Garden Spot Village. However, Monday I texted and said Let's keep on course!


She walked me to the Italian gardens!!! It was completely enchanted, and though I have been to Longwood Gardens plenty of times, I had never see thins.



On Tuesday I requested the presence of my grandson at my favorite place, French Creek. We wandered back to see the Beaver's home.


In the evening a dear friend,  visiting her family from the West Coast, was visiting me on Tuesday evening.


Today my daughter, Kathryn, came home with a sharp hair cut!


Geoffrey and Jesse are constantly at it. I really enjoy life with the people gracing my presence. God is good and I thank Him for the food, the fun and the fellowship!


1 comment:

  1. A Post that needs some help - but not going to get it. I leave the needed edits as a tribute to what happens when you still post after you hop in bed and then remember you did not write today!

    ReplyDelete