Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 144: May 23, 2016 Clarity in the Jumble



May 23, 2016         Clarity in the Jumble
Day 144

Eek....today....what a jumble mess. Clear thoughts? No. Persistent thoughts? Yes. Cloudy thoughts? Yes. Thoughts? Many! These are days when the mind's fruit basket is upended and where it lands, I do not care. In fact I am the one who upends it. My mind is here, there, a bit more here, a little bit more there, everywhere. I look at what people are doing and I begin to race, I must catch up. But I pant for air because, in my mind, I can not catch up. I will never catch up, they are out of sight. I catch sight of him, he's smiling.

A couple of days ago, the world was mine, I could conquer it without anyone's help. Today, the world is theirs, and I say go ahead take it. Sluggish I am, slow indeed and simple is all I feel. What should I do? I don't know? Maybe I should do this or maybe I should do that? My mind is a ferris wheel that not only spins around one axis but spins around many.

STOP. AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR ME. The rope is thrown to me in the mind pit. It is the gratitude rope. I pull on it and slowly ascend as my thoughts begin to turn. There is a God and this dear Father desires to peace fill the mind, calm the soul, clear the thoughts and pull them to His throne room. Here he encourages me to rush in and spend time with Him. He races with me in a forest, darting here, darting there, peeking around a tree, pulling me into a love chase through the woods and grabbing me, hugging me and telling me He loves me and He only wants me to focus on Him. But, but, I should, but, I need to, but, but...............SHHHHHH, he motions lay down beside the s t i l l waters. Rest sweet girl, rest.

And He encourages me to do business, the buisness of asking Him to fight the good fight for me. To, "in the Name of Jesus, enemy be gone" kind of business! The weight lifts, the sun is indeed yellow and His righteousness is clearly mine. How? By simply believing. It is that easy. Try it! You'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment