Friday, May 6, 2016

Day 128: May 7, 2016 X-Game Prayers


May 7, 2016    X-Game Prayers
Day 128


He runs up a wall like a fly and completes a half pike back flip. He hangs on to a rope tied to a four wheeler, feet strapped onto a snowboard, heading to a newly built ramp with a jeep in the middle. He climbs to the top of a fifty foot tree and jumps off a thirty foot cliff, you do the math. He snowboards over a ramp with half pikes. The stone wall thirty feet high is meant to be scaled, so he tells me. He was born to jump, scale, climb and flip. My prayers are Xgame rated.


I work like a dog in my prayer life - for this is only where I can work. Just the other day at a school picnic I watch the youngest son jump off the swing with a back flip. This is only one of the six children. The middle boy taught him. Little did I know the older boy would longboard down a 27 mile road in Arizona a few years back. There is so much to pray about as I either watch, contemplate or wonder what they are up to.



Longboarding down a wet road, falling back and cracking the skull, falling out of a twenty foot tree missing the lamp post spike and boulder on the ground both lands us in the Trauma Unit. A mother's prayer life is key, though there are no guarantees. We live in a world where gravity and sickness are in full force. The laws of nature, physics and God's grace all intertwine and we are at His mercy. Even so, through these high wire times we are called to pray down power from on high.

On the playground I never helicopter my children but my inner life flips off monkey bars, scales the high slide, and jumps off the seesaw. My Xgame like prayers is undetected with my feet dangling from a nearby swing. This is the work of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment