Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Day 145: May 25, 2016 Relentless Things



May 25, 2016      Relentless Things
Day 145

Sometimes I need to let "things" go and not allow them to keep coming back in the door with more reasons to stay. Kinda like putting a kid to bed with just one more thing; but I have to go potty, I need a drink, I am scared. These un relentless "things" keep popping up like a whack a mole game. And I keep whacking them like a gambler. Maybe this one will cure all. Oh wait, maybe this one. And on and on it goes. Like a fool I let this happen. Over and over and over again. Just like when I am weak boned and give in to the persistent child who is asking and asking and asking beyond when I say, NO!

This is where I understand why God calls faith work and why this kind of work is the most important kind we can do. To believe that Jesus is the Son of God is to do the works of God. I am called on a second by second basis to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and has redeemed me and has, by His death, provided His Holy Spirit. To let "things" go is to believe that Jesus can take care of these "things" with wisdom, mercy, grace and honor. God is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment