Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Day 208: August 3, 2016 The Man in My Dreams

August 3, 2016
Day 208                                          The Man in My Dreams



Thirty some odd years ago my discernment was somewhat lacking. He was sharp, highly motivated, interesting, handsome and yet not my type. My lifelong friend threw me some pointed words, "nobody is good enough for Lynne Treichler." These were meant to slice, dice, and make me think. They did. I love you Cindy. My father also spoke words of rebuke, "you're always running, he sounds like a great guy." There was a mental image of who I was going to marry and Lynn did not conform to it. But this was my image and not God's and this was my understanding and not His. Thankfully, I was unable to avoid or run from the obvious, this was to be my man, my husband, my confidant, my partner in cliff jumping and the father of our six interesting children. And boy do I love him! God knew what I needed and I am forever grateful.

What a complete joy ride it has been. Lynn is innovative, brilliant, really kind, and a wonderful companion. Both of us are wired the same and we get high off of risks. We have much to learn but we are confident of this, we will learn.

Many men spend an inordinate amount of time placing their career first in hopes that it will provide security and money for their children's future. But Lynn spent time with his children and all six of them have such emotional wealth on account of this investment. He has uttered thousands of times to each one of them, "I love you". The hugs have been in the millions as well as his lengthy explanations to their questions. He has allowed each of them to not only work beside him but to also interrupt.

Our children are innovative, technologically savvy, great at getting information they need, kind to others and willing to learn. Their father has led them in all of these advantages. The gift he has given to his children is immeasurable and will not accumulate in banks, himself. This is wealth not affected by a bad economy. They know who they are and this will aid them in their vocations, their relations and their walk with their real Dad!

So as we enter into another thirty years I am grateful to be walking with this man. He has given freedom to be myself and to our children. We are wealthy beyond belief and beyond the ability to measure it with the currency of the land. This wealth remains. Thank you Lynn for walking with me and valuing the things in life that will not burn or rot. May we continue to learn, to risk, and to grow for this is what we love to do best.






No comments:

Post a Comment