Sunday, August 14, 2016

Day 216: August 14, 2016 A Night to Remember

August 14, 2016
Day 216

A Night to Remember


Last night I lay under the stars with my son, Jesse, watching meteors from Perseid's show. We had already witnessed amazing lightening but we were on a quest for meteors. We were in my friend, Terri Leamer's driveway. She had agreed the last two nights that we could do this but I was not really able to confirm approval for last night. So I lay in her driveway with my son hoping that if they did see us from the home they would not be alarmed, stunned and in need of a gun.... All went well.

We were awed. Jesse and I saw at least four amazing meteors with amazing tails. What a privilege to be with my twelve year old under the stars. Finally, we were sleepy, it was 1 am so we decided to go home. However, when we arrived home, we wanted to see more, it was so addicting. Geoff, being the good guy, pulled out a mattress for us and Jesse and I decided to make a night of it.

Last night was not allowed to remain vague, we made it a memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment