Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Day 229: August 31, 2016 Mining With Basic Observation

August 31, 2016
Day 229

Mining With Basic Observation


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he (God) raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way." Ephesians 1:17-23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I was reading Ephesians 1:17-23. I often type out a passage and then pepper it with questions, as if I were a journalist; who, what, where, why, when, and how. (example below) This is so I can SEE, really SEE the text. Or better yet comprehend what I am reading. When I do this I am looking for the obvious, the stuff that hits me between the eyes. After I do this then I can begin to understand, interpret, and apply the Word to my life. But first things first, I must read, really read by asking basic questions.

The Holy Spirit flies the obvious off the page and slam dunks it into my soul. Today, I began to see the need for my spiritual eyes to be enlightened for there are many powerful things my spirit needs to know, REALLY know! As well, the explanation of His incomparably great power bored into my inner being. I do not even know what to do with the Church as the fullness of His Body that fills everything in every way. But you can bet I will be meditating on it.

The simple basic journalist's questions uncovered brilliant spiritual truths for me today proving again careful observation is an excellent mining technique.


I keep What? asking that Who? the God of Who? our Lord Jesus Christ, Which is who? the glorious Father, may Do what? give you Who? the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, Why? so that you may know him better. I pray also that What? the eyes of your heart may be enlightened Why? in order that you may know What? 1. the hope to which he has called you, Also what? 2. the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and also what? 3.his incomparably great power for us who believe. That What? power is like What? the working of his mighty strength, which he What? exerted in Who? Christ when Who? he (God) What? 1.raised him from the dead and What? 2.seated him at his right hand Where? in the heavenly realms, Where? far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the What? present age but also in the What?  one to come. And Who? God Did what? placed What? all things Where? under his feet and Did what? appointed Who? the church, which is his What? body the What? fullness of him who Does What? fills What? everything How? in every way.



No comments:

Post a Comment