Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 6 - Sabbath Week One

January 11, 2015
Day 6

The Sabbath is a day of rest. I like rest. I need to rest. God does not need to rest. Jesus says of His Father and Himself, "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I too am working."* God does not need rest.

The Sabbath is for me. The Sabbath is not for God. I need to rest because I am not God, my energy is finite. God does not need to rest, His energy is infinite, eternal, endless.

I rest on a Sabbath to contemplate the finite-ness of my energy and likewise to meditate on the infinite-ness of His energy. I love the relationship I have with Jesus and His call to Rest. I love meditating on all the reasons for rest.

We are off to visit a dear friend in the hospital with chest pains. Wait, is this not resting? Oh, yeah it is. Rest doesn't necessarily always look the way we think it should.

*John 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment