Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day 343 Christmas Series: I Miss You

December 15, 2015
Day 343



Have yourself a merry little christmas
      it is not the same without him...
let your heart be light
     my heart is heavy...
from now on our troubles will be out of sight
     my troubles are not out of sight...
Have yourself a merry little christmas
     it is not the same without him...
Make the yule-tide gay
     I don't know what that means?
    oh, to laugh with him about it ...
from now on our troubles will be miles away
     give me back troubles with him...


Here we are as in golden days
     the golden days will never be...
happy golden days of yore
     I miss him...
faithful friends who are dear to us
     some of them left when he left...
gather near to us once more
     he left but HE remains and gathers me to HIM...
   

through the years we all will be together
     I so look forward to all of us being together...
if the Fates allow
     his death has brought more life...
hang a star upon the highest bough
     the highest bough still doesn't reach you...
and have yourself a merry little christmas now
    I so miss you...

by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blaine
italicized addition - me


~for some the pronoun is changed but the sadness remains...

for just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so
also through Christ our comfort overflows...2 Corth. 1:5

2 comments: