Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 11: January 11, 2016 - Eternity Eyes

January 11, 2016
Day 11 Eternity Eyes


Photo Credit: Melodee Stephens
Sunday afternoon, at 4 pm, we found ourselves hooping and hollering in the high school gymnasium at Jesse's basketball game. Driving to the game, the sky was dark and foreboding. However, at some point during the game, the most vibrant yellow, slightly orange, majorly golden light, was shining through the glass block windows near the top of the ceiling. I wanted to run outside and start shooting pictures. But, I was watching my son's game and he really likes for me to watch. So, I simply stayed put and only imagined.

Photo Credit: Emily Schwartz
Then the face book posts came and showed me exactly what I missed. Thank you, Melodee, Emily and Katie for capturing one of the most fantastical rainbows ever! Hope you don't mind me downloading your pictures and using them! All three of these pictures are amazing and speak spiritual truth to my soul. The middle of the rainbow, with the fresh glow, is the Kingdom of God on earth. What a beautiful glimpse of spiritual reality. I am fully in the kingdom while fully on the earth!

Photo Credit: Katie Schwartz
When I see the sign, the rainbow, I know that God is looking at it as well. He says, "When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth....This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth." My God looks at what I look at. This is a one on one with the Almighty with every rain storm the sun peeks through while the rain is still pouring. Too much for this little girl.

I use to think that the rainbow was created just to be the sign of the promise that God made between Him and all flesh. He was never going to destroy all life through a flood ever again and it was the rainbow that was a reminder to us and to Him. But I learned just recently, a rainbow had already existed in heaven. And this rainbow around the throne had the appearance of an emerald - how fitting to have the color green.

Not only was God giving himself a sign to remember His promise. But He was giving us a sign so that we, as well, would remember. And what He was using was something that He pulled from His throne room. This was not something created for the moment. This was a symbol that already had been created. He had looked at this rainbow with eternity eyes.


*scripture references as seen in order - Genesis 9 and Revelation 4

1 comment: