Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 1: January 1, 2016 - Opening the Door

January 1, 2016
Day 1 Opening the Door

(To you who have asked - I am committed to daily write for another year. To do this, everyday, I have created a mental, emotional and necessary space in my day to do what I love to do. I do not want to lose this time, for this is exercise to me. Thank you for reading my posts. My greatest desire is that my writing would encourage you to be fully you! That maybe you would be encouraged to daily do the very thing you want to do as a way of expression whether it's public or not. We would love to see your creativity, what ever that may be, but that is not the point. We just need to be using the gifts that we have been given. My new title for my twitter community will read- Committed to Write 365 Days in 2016. Oops - 366 days (thanks, Dina!).  I started January 6, so technically I have five more days to complete my first episode of 365 days. However, let by gone be bygones. I will start today at Day 1.) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The year 2016 seemed apocalyptic in the 1970's. Would we even be here? Would the women be in tight plastic, sharp edged, one-piece, dress outfits while the men in shiny plastic one piece suits? Would we be eating pills to speed along the laborious meal time? Or would the earth be burning according to Revelations? One never knew.

And though this seems a bit anticlimactic, here I sit writing in blue jeans with a Twin Valley Coffee sweatshirt by a coal fire with dishes drying in a drying rack. I will be putting a pork in a used oven (yes ovens can be hand me downs also -thank you Paul Diamontopolous) for the New Year's traditional pork and sauerkraut meal.

Technology advances, presidents are chosen, countries revolt and yet we remain human. How will 2016 reveal itself as each day rolls out another set of situations, complications, registrations, ordinations, reverberations, accelerations, or calculations? No one knows, except in hindsight. Therefore, Trust will continue to be a word I must use and operate within. And gratitude will need to remain a household word thrown around like it was all I knew.

Though 2016 remains undiscovered, the most important thing has been revealed. It eclipses any conquest, any success, any technological advance that ever was or ever will beJesus Christ, the very Son of God, the All powerful, King of Kings walked among us to save us, NOT TO JUDGE US. This is the mystery of the ages that was revealed and it has changed the course of history for ever. Our pathetic, humanistic saving attempts have been replaced with the One and only Savior who saves consistently completely.

The constant in my life is as constant as consistently constant is - Jesus Christ loves me, cares for me, saves me and is the dearest friend to me. Love remains His operative word and in the year 2016 He will continue to call me to love even better. I just know it. He will provide me with many opportunities to do just that. Some of these will be a blast, some will be painful, some will be unique, some will make me look silly, some will make me look wise, and some will make people wonder about my intentions, but all will be for the purpose of loving deeply and well.

This year, 2016, I hope to open the door to many dates with my lover. Cause, He stands at the door and knocks, no barging or coercing with Him. He simply knocks. Cause, He just wants to be with me, constantly. Oh, how He loves me so. And He only comes in if I open the door.

When He comes in He will again show me His ways, His means, His purpose, and His love. All this while we dine, together. This is one sweet relationship.

May 2016 be a year of opening the door to my Lover.



Behold, I stand at the door and knock; 
if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, 
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with me.  
(Rev. 3:20)


5 comments:

  1. Hoping to hear about many of
    those dates and to have many of my own and then kiss and share the wonders of his love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW.....366 days in 2016. Might need to change your name again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love that you will be writing every day again this year!

    ReplyDelete