Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 3: January 3, 2015 - Bob and Sue

January 3, 2015
Day 3  Bob and Sue

Dear Mom and Dad,

Whose the man? He's the man!
Thank you for coming for the weekend. I should be worried about you navigating the traffic from Rhode Island to Pennsylvania, especially since you are chronologically seasoned and closer to the end than the beginning, but I am not worried. I see mom slumped on the passenger side with her head back and mouth open, but you've never needed her navigational skills, Bob. You never did and you never will. You, dad, are a stellar driver. And, hey, I'm glad mom found the keys, again. It would have made your abbreviated trip hard to abbreviate. I do hope you feel better.

When mom called to say you arrived home, I asked if you were in bed. But it sounds like the trip was just the medicine you needed. She said the luggage was put away and you were doing jumping jacks. Hmmm....Hopefully that is your new exercise program and not relief from being home. Oh well, We enjoyed having you, and I guess maybe we enjoyed it a little more than you. Hey, thanks for coming.

I'm sorry that my hair is not short enough. I guess I could have saved the money and maybe spent it on a better gift. The gifts are in the mail, though. You should receive them next week. Hope nobody takes them from your mailbox in your apartment complex...boy, now I'm worried. I'm going for the buzz cut at my next appointment. Done deal. E. O.

Just a bit of botox..
Uh Mom, I was laughing at "Inside Out" because it was a comedy. It seems like I confused you by my laughter. You thought it funny that I thought it funny. But, mom, it was a comedy. And the next time, note to self, I will try to remember to tell you if a movie is animated before we start watching. I had no idea how much you dislike animated flicks.

I am sorry that we did not have the handrail up and working, mom. We didn't want you to do the army crawl up the stairs. But it sure looked fun. You guys are troopers. My home has never been the style of home you folks love but you have never, ever, made me feel bad. Ya just work on projects, the ones you think should be accomplished. Suzanne, you are amazing at what you accomplish in my home.

Next time I will put shades up in Jesse's room. Though I hate to disappoint the peeping Tom's in the neighborhood. Honestly, where did I come from? You did not raise me this way. I should have shades up and running. Man, I could use a little bit of anal-ness. Looks like Doug, my bro, got it all.

I love you two! You are wonderful and the amount of teasing and joking is just plain fun. I am still looking for the nuts.....

My children love when they come!
Hey, for your next visit, I am going to start to save for the Holiday Inn! Just tell me when you are coming. In all honesty, thank you, Mom and Dad, for wanting to come and then for doing it. Mom, I appreciate your desire.... I know Dad, that even though you love us,  you are ready to leave five minutes after you arrive. And in light of that, I guess I have a high level of respect for you Dad, your ability to duke it out is impressive. Suzanne's desire, however, to stay longer, Bob, is normal, just saying.

Thank you for taking the time "to be" and talk with my children. They love their grandparents. And thank you for the gifts! Just wondering, is there anything else you wanted to say about the book Lynn put together of my pictures? Did I fully explain the angle of that one picture?  If not, just give a call and I would be willing to explain.

Love ya and though life is a symphony played in the minor key, Chris' accapela number was excellent today. I explained why you had to miss it and leave so early, he'll be fine. Sometimes creativity just simply does not need an audience. What does Edith Schaeffer know anyways?! Geesh.

Sincerely,
Your favorite daughter - Lynne Beth

(This post is not loaded - this is simply plain fun. Susie and Bobbie will throw back their heads and laugh - I can see them now!)



1 comment: