Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 18: January 18, 2016 Merle and Rita Nisely - The Coffee Snobs

January 18, 2016
Day 18


Merle and Rita
Merle and Rita Nisely, missionaries from the cold, most northern part of Ontario, came for dinner one night. What snobs! They brought their own coffee beans. What??? Ours weren't good enough???! Nope. Not one bean. Coffee grinder? Uh, ok. Whatevs. Um, will the blender work? Sure, this couple knew how to compensate. They had lived on an Indian Reservation in the wilds of the north, they excelled in "making do."

One sip of the black gold, was the beginning of the end! Hello excellence, good bye pathetic, mud tasting sludge. Here we come, snobbery!

Years later, I thought I had asked for coffee?! But instead, I spit the disgusting water back into my coffee cup. I quickly looked around, cause I was not at home. We were invited guests. Not cool, Lynne, not cool. I just took rudeness to a new level. My coffee palette was refined at this point and I thought for sure someone must have made a mistake. Nope, it was the Keurig machine. My heart broke for this family. Here, all along, I thought they were bright. Guess not. Oh, for shame. Though my start with Keurig coffee was really rough, we now sell some of the best Keurig coffee around! No joke.

Lynn and Merle, the night of our conversion, spoke of all things coffee. It is a really good thing there is about 1700 miles between us or we would be in direct competition with an amazing roaster! God is so good. However, doing business with Merle and Rita, now that would just be plain fun! We were ruined for the ordinary from that point on and little did we understand the significance of this night with these two fussy coffee drinkers.

I will continue to write of this coffee journey..... But in the meantime, check out Merle and Rita's main gig - Living Hope Native Ministries. They are true northern fishers of men.
Their true hope and desire has nothing to do with being snobs. But instead, they desire for all to come to the true and living God.

And go to their website Tibaagan Coffee- you will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment