Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 5: January 5, 2016 - Last But Not Least - fur shore

January 5, 2015
Day 5 Last But Not Least



Once upon a time a young man said to me, "We are only having two children."
Me: "Why? Silly!" 
Young man: "So that they will fit perfectly into the four seater airplane I fly."  
Me - I smiled and said to myself, "Young man, we shall see."

Yes, we shall see. Two, huh?! Yeah, I don't think so.

Oh, how little he knew. I had been telling everyone, since I was a little girl, that I would be having six children. I was a prophetic child. The young man who wanted to travel by air has never regretted his inability to fit his family into a four seater plane. Never. He even sold his share to marry off his first born. For he had matured nicely and loved all his children despite his inability to fly them all at once. 

Geoffrey was the fourth. We wanted him, we planned for him, we waited for him, and we hoped for him. When he came, how happy we all were with our little Samson, our little Houdini child. We left him with NO ONE! We trusted NO ONE, for surely he would escape and be harmed. He was forever on the move!


We thought we were done. But we were not. How lucky we were. Nicole was one of the best surprise parties we ever had! Nicky Sue came out of nowhere to fit into her name. For her dear oldest sister, using her name, prayed her into existence. Now, I know why. A nanny would be needed. Nicky is wise, understanding, helpful, funny, and brilliant. Conversations with her are just plain enjoyable. She has been a pleasure since the day she was born!
Jesse! Now, really, where did he come from? At first he looked like he had snuck out of a local retirement home. But slow and steady wins the race and the little old man morphed into an adorable skinny faced, curly head blondie! This kid is my snuggler, my talker, my thinker, and a great companion.I am so thankful that God gave us these last two. They truly are treasures. They laugh, they think, they are kind and they love Jesus. 

In my early thirties I had a habit of asking older folks what their regrets were in life. Do you want to know what they answered me? They regretted not having more children.  We paid attention! Six children later, this is not our regrets! We are content!





No comments:

Post a Comment